Fall Internship Opportunity – Nex Cubed Digital Health
At Nex Cubed we back bold entrepreneurs who are willing to take serious risks to solve real problems. Nex Cubed is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market, helps rising companies scale, and provides paths to liquidity – the power of three. We provide access to hundreds of founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, helping entrepreneurs drive innovation and growth. Nex Cubed funds and supports the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey, from inspiration to exit.
Are you looking for an environment where you will make a significant impact, work with some of the best minds in technology and business, and have fun doing just that? You just happened to look at the right job at the right time!!
Candidates will be a part of the Nex Cubed Digital Health team in San Diego, tasked with profiling the market for next generation healthcare technology companies, potentially building them, and prioritizing our investment attention towards technologies and/or companies that have the greatest technological advantages in healthcare.
Candidates will develop and execute a market analysis, deal origination, and value add to the existing portfolio and work with Nex Cubed leadership with a focus on:
- Digital Health Investment Thesis:
- Work with Program Manager and Managing Director to develop a 2020 Digital Health Investment Thesis and Industry Outlook.
- Create an “Ideal Company Persona” (ICP) to use when identifying companies for Program recruitment and pipeline development
- Portfolio Recruitment:
- Research, identify and document early to medium growth break out companies within the Digital Health & Healthcare Technology space that is congruent with the ICP.
- Profile companies utilizing frontier technologies such as: artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, AR/VR, big data, etc.
- Populate the Digital Health Target Company CRM and Data Sheets.
- Assist in the initial outreach and setting up initial calls with the Program Manager.
- Community Networking
- At times, you may be asked to represent or join Nex Cubed Team Members at various networking events in the local community.
- Nex Cubed Events
- Assist in coordination and planning of Nex Cubed Events and execute on tasks during the day of the event.
- Nex Cubed Network
- Help manage Nex Cubed network of portfolio companies, mentors, advisors and investors.
- Research mentors, advisors and investors to add to Nex Cubed community.
- Service the Nex Cubed network overall – work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Nex Cubed ecosystem.
- Use a combination of business skills, team input and your own computer science training on a day-to-day basis.
Our preferred educational profile is as follows:
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Management Science, Computer Science or Engineering, Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.), Finance, Entrepreneurship OR,
- Possessive of a BS/BA degree in Management Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.), Finance, Entrepreneurship, and currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline.
- You may not want a career as a software programmer, but the ability to code or to understand code is highly desirable.
Desirable ‘Soft Skills’:
- If you are a stand out candidate with your friends, your classmates, and you are a natural leader we want to work with you.
- Familiar with Underlying Technologies Extensive knowledge of underlying commercial technologies relevant to healthcare or other frontier technology verticals.
- Organized and Self Directed, with a passion for excellence.
- Demonstrable experience in self-directed research, information compilation and organization, and key attribute recognition and prioritization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team members to solve problems.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics.
Our work environment is fast-paced, flexible, and fun. We are looking for candidates interested in an opportunity from September through December and it may extend beyond, into the spring semester, if it’s a fit. If you have a passion for software like we do, and an intellectual curiosity about the technology that will change the world, we’d like to talk with you.
Nex Cubed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Nex Cubed Managing Director
Role and Responsibilities
Nex Cubed is looking for a Managing Director (MD) who can lead our FinTech Incubator and investment strategy in NYC. The MD will work closely with an operationally-focused Program Manager (PM) and the broader, Nex Cubed management team to lead investments and incubation of FinTech startups from across the country. The MD will be the face of Nex Cubed in the local market, driving decision-making and operations around recruiting, funding and mentoring startups; sourcing partnership opportunities with corporations; and building relationships with industry leaders. Immediate responsibilities include recruiting a PM, sourcing and closing industry advisors and mentors, sourcing and closing industry sponsors (corporations and organizations), recruiting fintech startups for the first class, and increasing brand awareness. This is highly visible role with many opportunities to be an integral part of the management team at Nex Cubed and NYC startup ecosystem.
Candidate Profile and Key Competencies
- Leader: Ability to attract great talent with strong team management skills
- Mentor: Entrepreneurial experience with willingness and desire to help startups succeed
- Experience: VC or entrepreneurial experience (preferably within FinTech), understanding of incubator industry
- Network: Strong connections to VC, incubator, and startup communities both inside and outside of the local region
- Visionary: Clear vision of market/industry, plus finger on the pulse of competitive trends
- Independent: Must be able to lead without frequent guidance from leadership
- Evangelist: Strong networking and motivational skills; able to serve as a voice/advocate for Incubator
- Culture Creator: High stamina/energy/flexibility/productivity, low ego; community contributor
- Team Player: Service the Nex Cubed network overall: mentor new MDs, assist with other programs, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Nex Cubed ecosystem
- BS/BA degree required; MBA preferred
Perks and Compensation
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus, and equity
- Benefit package including health insurance, paid leave, and paid holidays
- Travel as it relates to position responsibilities
- Deep exposure to Nex Cubed network of top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and corporations
About Nex Cubed
Nex Cubed is an investor that creates and accelerates frontier tech companies. We empower entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market, help rising companies scale, and provide paths to liquidity – the power of three. We provide access to hundreds of founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, helping entrepreneurs drive innovation and growth.
Nex Cubed generates revenue and invests in promising ideas/startups via three platforms:
- Create – we partner with fortune 1000 companies along the innovation continuum from startup scouting to launching companies from scratch.
- Accelerate – we help growth companies by providing access to people, markets, and capital in exchange for equity or cash.
- Incubate – we support angel to seed startups that are leveraging frontier technology through a fully-customized, and virtual program that emphasizes preparing them for investment and enterprise readiness.
Nex Cubed currently has Incubate programs in San Francisco (frontier technology) and San Diego (digital healthcare). We are expanding rapidly with future plans to launch programs in New York (fintech), D.C. (aerospace/defense), and Charleston (transportation and logistics), Singapore (all industries), and Los Angeles/NY (sports tech).
Nex Cubed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.