Nex Cubed Managing Director
Role and Responsibilities
Nex Cubed is looking for a Managing Director (MD) who can lead our FinTech Incubator and investment strategy in NYC. The MD will work closely with an operationally-focused Program Manager (PM) and the broader, Nex Cubed management team to lead investments and incubation of FinTech startups from across the country. The MD will be the face of Nex Cubed in the local market, driving decision-making and operations around recruiting, funding and mentoring startups; sourcing partnership opportunities with corporations; and building relationships with industry leaders. Immediate responsibilities include recruiting a PM, sourcing and closing industry advisors and mentors, sourcing and closing industry sponsors (corporations and organizations), recruiting fintech startups for the first class, and increasing brand awareness. This is highly visible role with many opportunities to be an integral part of the management team at Nex Cubed and NYC startup ecosystem.
Candidate Profile and Key Competencies
- Leader: Ability to attract great talent with strong team management skills
- Mentor: Entrepreneurial experience with willingness and desire to help startups succeed
- Experience: VC or entrepreneurial experience (preferably within FinTech), understanding of incubator industry
- Network: Strong connections to VC, incubator, and startup communities both inside and outside of the local region
- Visionary: Clear vision of market/industry, plus finger on the pulse of competitive trends
- Independent: Must be able to lead without frequent guidance from leadership
- Evangelist: Strong networking and motivational skills; able to serve as a voice/advocate for Incubator
- Culture Creator: High stamina/energy/flexibility/productivity, low ego; community contributor
- Team Player: Service the Nex Cubed network overall: mentor new MDs, assist with other programs, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Nex Cubed ecosystem
- BS/BA degree required; MBA preferred
Perks and Compensation
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus, and equity
- Benefit package including health insurance, paid leave, and paid holidays
- Travel as it relates to position responsibilities
- Deep exposure to Nex Cubed network of top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and corporations
About Nex Cubed
Nex Cubed is an investor that creates and accelerates frontier tech companies. We empower entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market, help rising companies scale, and provide paths to liquidity – the power of three. We provide access to hundreds of founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, helping entrepreneurs drive innovation and growth.
Nex Cubed generates revenue and invests in promising ideas/startups via three platforms:
- Create – we partner with fortune 1000 companies along the innovation continuum from startup scouting to launching companies from scratch.
- Accelerate – we help growth companies by providing access to people, markets, and capital in exchange for equity or cash.
- Incubate – we support angel to seed startups that are leveraging frontier technology through a fully-customized, and virtual program that emphasizes preparing them for investment and enterprise readiness.
Nex Cubed currently has Incubate programs in San Francisco (frontier technology) and San Diego (digital healthcare). We are expanding rapidly with future plans to launch programs in New York (fintech), D.C. (aerospace/defense), and Charleston (transportation and logistics), Singapore (all industries), and Los Angeles/NY (sports tech).
Nex Cubed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.